On the 17th November 2013, the 135 Hospices de Beaune wine auction will take place in the famous Burgundy wine capital,of Beaune. The president of this year’s auction will be Her Royal Highness, the Princess do Savoie, Clothilde Courau. Many French will best know her as a famous French actress.
The auction sells “Pieces” of wine, which in fact means barrels of 228 liters or 304 bottles of wine from the 70 hectare estate, for hospital charities. In 2012, some 518 “pieces” were sold for,10,073€ each.
This year, they will be auctioning 443 pieces of which 333 will be Pinot Noir. The President’s piece will be a 456 liter Meursault 1er Cru “les Genevrieres”
- To all wine lovers January 1, 2018
- 2016 pre-harvest review August 22, 2017
- Grape juice or wine – a New Year detoxification dilema! January 6, 2017
- What’s in a (Grand Cru) name? July 22, 2016
- 2016 – climatic fury! July 20, 2016
Blogs I Follow
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets